We believe there are four core components to getting a digital solution to market: Agile, DevOps/Continuous Delivery, digital lifecycle, and iteration. I wanted to give you more insight into how we think about these components and what it's like to work with us.
Here is how we get digital solutions to market.
Agile is core to everything we do
If you haven’t figured it out, we’re kind of obsessed with Agile and digital product delivery. We’ve thought about this topic for a long, long time. Agile is the core of everything that we do. We don't just say it, or talk and write about it: We do it. It's integral to everything that we do. Without it, we wouldn't have made it to where we are today.
If you're interested more in how we think about Agile, I would start here with these in-depth articles that will give you some insight into how we think about execution. Get some coffee.
- The Definitive Guide to Agile Product Development for the Enterprise: How to Build an Amazing Product in 2020
- Agile & Scrum: How to Build Better Products, Faster in 2020
- How to Nail Agile Collaboration and Build Better Products
- The Agile and Mobile Revolution with Rob Volk, Founder of Foxbox Digital
DevOps and Continuous Delivery gets our clients software to market, reliably
Our engineering team follows Continuous Delivery, which enables us to deliver incremental changes reliably, without breaking what has already been delivered. At a high level, this is what you’re getting when utilizing our defined DevOps and Continuous delivery process.
- Modern development processes to ensure a stable product
- Peer code reviews, unit & integration tests, continuous integration, automated testing, QA engineer, automated deployments
- Significant reduction in chances of human error
- Validation that we’ve built continues to work as your product evolves
We handle the end to to end of our client's digital lifecycle
We follow strict modern software development processes to ensure we reliably deliver the functionality you want, on time, and on-budget. We’ll lead you through the entire digital lifecycle of your product.
- Product Innovation & Strategy -- We’ll help you build the right product before anything is planned or developed. It’s worth noting that some of our clients come to us post-product strategy to focus on execution only, and that’s OK too.
- Discovery & Sprint Planning -- This in-depth phase includes UX Workshops, technical discovery and analysis, prototypes and product roadmaps. Once complete, we’ll build out our sprint plan so you know what is going to be built, when.
- Design & Development / Engineering -- We follow staged releases, and agile methodologies to build the product, right.
We measure, learn & iterate while developing, not after
Our core components of getting a solution to market all rely on us measuring, learning and iterating what we're developing. We measure everything from development velocity to product effectiveness. We learn from the users to influence future improvements. Once complete, we update our sprint plan.
It's critical for us that this all happens while we're developing and managing the product development. This constant measurement enables us to stay focused on creating a product that creates an impact.
In the end, it's all about discipline
There is a reason our tagline is Move Purposely. We are disciplined in how we deliver our client's products from start to finish. We do everything with a purpose and are always moving to create a quality product that has lasting impact.
If you want to learn more about how we create software, feel free to reach out to us, and we'll walk you through our process in more detail.
Rob Volk is Foxbox Digital’s founder and CEO. Prior to starting Foxbox, Rob helped Fortune 100 clients, including Pfizer, USPS, and Morgan Stanley build and scale enterprise apps. He was the CTO of Beyond Diet and implemented technology that scaled to over 350k+ customers, and was the CTO and Co-Founder of Detective (detective.io), a venture-backed intelligence platform that amassed 200k+ users in a short time frame. Read more