We are a full-service, professional Elixir consulting company. We’ve developed Elixir digital applications and custom Elixir software for some of the best companies in the world, and we dedicate much of our time educating the public on why they should be programming in Elixir.
We believe that Elixir is the future of programming for many reasons, and that’s why we’re focused on being the best Elixir software development digital agency in the world. We’re headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, and have a team of Elixir developers in Chicago and Latin America.
Elixir is not just another programming language; it creates the foundation for higher quality, scalable products developed faster.
If you’re considering using Elixir, here are four reasons why we think Elixir is great. If you’re already convinced that Elixir is the way to go, then feel free to contact us and get started on your Elixir journey.
There are many reasons why you should choose Elixir, but here are our top 5:
- Get to market sooner: A product that is "currently being developed" is not useful for anyone. Elixir allows you to build high quality, predictable software, faster. So, if you’re looking to get a solid digital product to market quickly without making major technical or business sacrifices, Elixir is the way to go. Because Elixir is focused on “developer happiness,” you can ensure that developers are more productive, and get products to market quicker.
- Build faster, scalable products: Can you imagine if it took 3 seconds to send a WhatsApp message? You would probably delete the app quicker than it took you to download it. Elixir enables a service like WhatsApp, which processes billions of messages daily, to process messages in near real-time, without even a hint of a speed delay. Elixir was intentionally designed to focus on high-performance for any product, whether it has 10 users or 1 million, and that’s a big reason we enjoy Elixir. We get to maximize performance from the start. That’s great news for you.
- Used by some of the most trusted brands in the world: We at Foxbox Digital consider ourselves "cutting edge," but when it comes to developing technology, we’d rather be safe than sorry. Elixir is built on top of Erlang, a battle-tested 40-year-old language. Besides being used by WhatsApp, Elixir is used and trusted by Cars.com, Pinterest, Goldman Sachs (for their trading platform), and Lonely Planet.
- It works well with other programming languages: We don’t expect companies to only develop their products in Elixir. There are many reasons why a product shouldn’t be developed entirely in Elixir. The great part about Elixir is that you can use it for parts of your digital product that require speed and scale for transactional services like messaging, or for certain aspects of highly scalable websites. We like to build React or React Native frontends supported by an Elixir API You absolutely can get the best of both worlds, and this is also a big reason we recommend Elixir. It’s not an all-or-nothing solution.
Things you can build in Elixir
- Web applications: Web applications designed to handle many transactions at a medium to large scale are a perfect fit for Elixir. There are also native mobile APIs that integrate directly with Elixir and make it much easier to scale a mobile application.
- Real-time communication apps: If you’re looking to build an application that needs to be handled in real-time, such as a messaging app (think WhatsApp, Messenger, etc.), then Elixir is a good fit.
- An application that processes a lot of data: For example, if you are looking to build an application that scrapes data from hundreds of thousands or millions of web pages, then Elixir was built exactly for this type of processing.
Get started with Elixir consulting at Foxbox Digital right now
We don’t take this lightly. We invest a lot of time in Elixir, and we believe that Elixir can greatly benefit your business. Contact us to talk more about the business challenges you face, and we’ll let you know exactly how Elixir can help you get there quicker and more reliably.