Software Architect - CHICAGO
You’re a natural leader and enjoy supporting a team. You'll be involved in projects from closing the deal to implementation. You’ll take part in architectural decisions, deliver technical demos to existing and potential clients. You’ll work with the team to ensure consistency across projects (effective use of automated tests, coding standards, frameworks, patterns, etc.). We’re a digital product development agency and you’ll work directly with our clients.
You’ll be a valued team member and build solutions for our clients. You'll lead the projects from a technical perspective and work with our Project Managers and Developers to deliver. We operate like a startup, even when building products for large companies, and leverage the latest software development practices. You’ll have autonomy to make decisions and influence the technical direction of the company.
Foxbox Digital is an award-winning full-service digital product agency, headquartered in Chicago. We partner with clients ranging from Fortune 50 companies to high-growth startups and everything in between to design, develop, and deliver successful digital products.
We believe in Moving Purposely. This means everything we do is thought through. We value proactive actions over reactive ones. We measure twice and cut once. This is why we only invest in talent who are determined to succeed, and partner with clients who are purposeful in their mission.
What you’ll do
- Deliver high-quality products for clients with various technologies
- Work with clients to understand product problems, propose solutions, and translate to the development team
- Continually raise the bar to ensure high-quality and consistency across projects: automated testing, coding standards, libraries, development process
- Contribute to Scrum processes (backlog refinement and sprint planning)
- Coach and train a team of experienced Software Engineers
- Participate in the hiring process to screen and interview candidates
- Occasionally travel to clients and work on-site (project kickoffs, train development teams)
- Work with great productivity tools: Gitlab, Slack
- Report directly to the VP of Engineering
Technologies you’ll use
- Multiple Backend Technologies: Elixir, Node.js, .NET Core, Azure, AWS
- Web Development: React, Angular, .NET, HTML, CSS
- Mobile: React Native, Java, Kotlin, Swift
- E-commerce: Shopify
- CMS: Wordpress, Sanity
- CRM: Salesforce
Who you are
- Experienced with backend technologies: Elixir, Node.js, .NET Core, Azure, AWS
- Experienced with Web development: React, Angular, .NET, HTML,. CSS
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver, takes calculated risks
- Lead on multiple mobile projects, relentlessly pursues the true problems
- Persistent in delivering impactful solutions and designing architecture on mobile projects
- Care about code quality: purposely deliver high-quality coding standards and well-written code
- Test-focused: leverage automated testing to produce stable code
- Strong desire to learn: you’re always looking for ways to improve your abilities
- Opinionated: you have a strong opinion and able to challenge others (gracefully)
- Exceptional communication skills – written, oral, visual, formal, informal (able to adapt to client environment: technical and non-technical)
- Agency experience
- Experienced in Scrum Ceremonies
- Based in Chicago
Why Foxbox Digital?
- Work directly with an experienced, passionate CEO and a dedicated and inspiring VP of Engineering.
- Remote-first company: work from our Chicago office (when the pandemic permits), or home, on your schedule.
- Our development team is based in Latin America.
- Healthcare benefits: Medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Training program and resources to ensure you have opportunities to continue developing your skills and knowledge.
- Autonomy to lead exciting projects and structure how projects are run.