Mobile Automation QA Engineer
Are you a QA Engineer who is relentless about testing for clean, efficient code behind Mobile applications? Do you thrive on building efficient, automated testing environments and take pride in communicating your findings while collaborating closely across all levels of an Agile organization to improve overall software quality?
This role is a unique combination of ensuring the highest quality of mobile applications while thinking holistically across the entire consumer journey--our software delights end users and your QA work is the backbone of providing this amazing user experience.
As the Mobile Automation QA Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work both onsite with our Chicago-based client as well as shoulder to shoulder with our Chicago team to help ensure the highest quality of software mobile application features and product functionality. This is a full-time, long-term contract with the possibility of converting to a salaried position on our team.
Foxbox Digital is an award-winning engineering-focused product development agency. With a history of launching successful digital products, we’ve helped Fortune 100 companies, and high-growth startups architect, develop and deploy products used by hundreds of thousands of people.
Headquartered in Chicago, Foxbox Digital is a global team of nearly 25 and growing rapidly. We are looking for other high energy technophiles to join our global team.
What you’ll do
- You will design and execute test strategies as part of an Agile scrum team.
- Working closely with our team, you will participate in product design reviews to provide input on the testability of functional requirements, product designs, and support estimating and planning.
- You will work to translate user stories and requirements to test cases.
- You’ll partner with our internal teams to develop and support the testing of product features throughout the entire development cycle.
- Communicate closely with our team to own and be accountable for test strategy, test planning, and test execution.
- Design and build advanced automated testing frameworks.
- Be the voice of quality by uncovering issues, debugging the application through logs, stack traces and test results.
- Provide continuous monitoring of systems under test and applications in production to increase confidence in product and feature rollout and functionality.
- Work closely with development teams to drive root cause analysis and feed that knowledge into automated quality processes effectively.
Technologies you’ll use
- Appium or Detox
- CI/CD tools including: App Center, Bamboo, Circle CI, Bitrise, Jenkins or equivalent.
- Gitlab, GitHub, Bitbucket, Slack
Who you are
- You’ll bring over 2 years of mobile testing experience across Android and iOS platforms.
- You’ll have over 2 experience in integrating automation into mobile testing.
- Experience is preferred in integrating automated tests into CI/CD pipelines like App Center, Bamboo, Gitlab, etc.
- Experience with Appium or Detox
- Experience with using test case management
- You care deeply about quality and feel pride in ownership when shipping out a high-quality app.
- Live or want to live in Chicago and want to onsite in our Chicago office.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.